PHOTOGRAPHY UPDATE – NOW LIVE!
The newest content update for My Time At Portia is now officially live!
If you have been playing on the ‘open_test’ branch, you will need to switch back to the default branch in order to update your game. However, don’t worry about your save file, this will continue to work once you’ve switched back.
If you’re unsure on how to switch between branches, we have the info for you right here.
If you haven’t played on the ‘open_test’ branch, you won’t need to do anything as your game will update as normal.
We recently showed you the new camera feature for My Time At Portia, and we’re very excited to share with you what else is included in this update…
More stories and missions
In this update, we’re adding more story content relating to the bus station, the desert, news camera, and Pa’s debt. We have also added more story and side quests about Phyllis, Ginger, Gust, Paulie, Albert and Emily – but you’ll have to play the game to unravel those stories!
Upgraded riding system
We added the horse renting and riding feature in the last update. We’ve expanded on this so that you will now be able to buy your own horse and train it. We’ve also added other interaction options, and the ability to sprint and jump.
In addition to this, the horses in this update will have different attributes, which can all be improved by training, feeding and petting them. Once you’ve purchased a horse from MacDonald, you’ll need to train them to increase their attributes. While training, you’ll also need to be aware of the loyalty of your horse. Low loyalty will make the horse disobedient. For example, when you dismount and want your horse to follow or stay, a horse with low loyalty will probably go back home. Or, when you are riding and you want the horse to turn left, a horse with low loyalty may turn right, or stop walking altogether! Feed and pet your horse to increase the loyalty number.
Please note: the animation of the horse being disobedient, and the petting will be added in a later update.
Moving and repositioning chests
We’ve had a lot of feedback from the community regarding the ability to move storage boxes by holding them. We’ve added this ability in this update – so you’ll be able to pick up and reposition your storage box without needing to use your axe first!
The most romantic mini game!
Do you remember our first trailer? In the last scene, you and Emily were riding in a hot air balloon, flying across Portia town – so romantic! In this update, you can access the hot air balloon in a new mini-game. Ride with your friends, lovers, or even by yourself. We’ve included 5 routes for you to take and look at the world of My Time At Portia from a different angle.
New hazardous dungeon and abandoned ruins
A new hazardous dungeon named ‘Ingalls Apostrophe’ has been added into the game. Here, you will encounter new monsters. We’ve also added a new abandoned ruins. In this dungeon, you can mine new materials like aluminium and magnesium, and you’ll have a chance to find new relics too!
New mining tool
While we’re on the subject of mining, we have to mention an awesome new mining tool added in this update – the drill. This tool will mine faster than a pickaxe, and can mine more materials too. Everyone loves an upgrade, right?
#MyPortiaArt contest winners
Finally, we’d like to congratulate the winners of our #MyPortiaArt contest again! We picked two winners who created amazing pieces of art, and have added their artwork into the game in this update.
So that’s everything for this update, we hope you enjoy all the new features we’ve added – seeing you all enjoy your experience in My Time At Portia is what we love the most!
Below is a full changelist for this update. Have fun!
- The relationship points between the player and NPCs will only decrease a little after breaking up or getting divorced. (This will change back on full release of the game)
- Added four main missions, relating to: bus station, desert, news camera, and Pa’s debt.
- Added side quest for Phyllis.
- Added side quests for Ginger and Gust.
- Added side quests for Paulie and Albert.
- Added side quest for Emily.
- Added main story for the hot air balloon.
- Added ability to move furniture by holding them directly.
- Added a new hazardous dungeon and new monsters in the desert.
- Added a new abandoned ruins and new relics.
- Added a new mini-game – ‘Inspection’. There will not be new commissions at the guild on weekends. Workshop points for NPCs will not increase on Sunday.
- Added new items, decorations and gifts.
- Added electric furnace, and can extract aluminium and magnesium.
- Added two semi-automatic machines that can deal with raw materials.
- Added two new outfits for players.
- Houses can be upgraded to level 3.
- Added Irrigation Flooring and Irrigation Tower, and players can exchange items at the Church Store.
- Players will receive the letter from the Research Center at the beginning of the second year, with the missing blueprint from the Tree Farm mission attached.
- Added NPCs wishlist
- Players can change their fences and doors.
- Added tips for placing furniture (items cannot be placed facing the wall anymore)
- Added four kinds of elite monsters: Poppycock, Vampanda, Courteous Bunny, and Cotton Llama.
- Added drill for mining.
- Added stable.
- Added the icon when dating and having dinner in the restaurant.
- Added mini-game for playing/dating – hot air balloon. (Player can also play this alone)
- Added camera feature. Player can take photos with NPCs. Taking photos of a monster can unlock the collection feature.
- Players can pick up nicknames for their partner after marriage.
- Added the reminder feature to the calendar – this can be customized.
- New features for the horse riding system:
- Horses can be purchased.
- Horse can jump while riding.
- Stamina of the horse and the player are separate while riding.
- Added sound effects for horse riding.
- Player can improve different attributes of the horses.
- Player can name the horse.
- Ack can make multiple dishes at once.
- Added sound effects for when NPCs get hit.
- Added the behaviour control of player’s spouse in the Home panel settings.
- Romantic interactions with other characters will trigger the jealous behaviour of your spouse.
- More NPCs will help players doing housework after marriage.
- Added new scene sounds.
- Added one new winter themed track.
- Added the smart follow for camera.
- Players can now get divorced.
- Added pet names after marriage. Purchase the sweetheart cake from the Mysterious Man to change the pet name.
- Added art contest winners artwork into the game.
- Optimized the way NPCs collect products.
- Optimized the way monsters are generated.
- Optimized the model of several buildings and items.
- Adjusted the position in hands when holding an item.
- Side quests can no longer be discarded.
- Adjusted the favor point change after sparring.
- Players can date Merlin (but will need to complete specific missions).
- The gifts that will change a relationship will not count as regular gifts.
- Added a new conversation with Siwa when playing/dating.
- Fixed the display error affecting some of the guides.
- Fixed the bug preventing marriage with Mei.
- Fixed the bug that Mint will not come home after marriage.
- Fixed the bug where Lucy and Ack were missing.
- Fixed the bug where the Mysterious Man was missing.
- Changed the appearance of the flooring and wallpaper.
- The mission in Phyllis’ new story can only be triggered after you divorce her.
- Adjusted attacking speed of heavy boxer glove and giant hammer.
- Added a ‘completed’ tab for the commerce commission.
- Adjusted the number of roses for sale – one bunch per day.
- Fixed album UI issues.