LIVESTOCK UPDATE OUT NOW! Animals, museum, desert area and more!
The end of the month is here and that means only one thing… New content for My Time At Portia!
The developers at Pathea have been working extra hard to get this content to you in time so that you all have something extra to play over the Easter break and have even included some extra features that weren’t even planned for this update!
Check out some of the biggest additions here or scroll down for the full change list!
LIVESTOCK & HORSE RIDING!
From today onwards you’ll be able to keep and look after your own animals, including sheep, chicken, ducks and cows! Look after them well and they’ll reward you with milk and eggs, and you’ll even be able to breed them! What’s more, we’ve also added horse riding to the game! Head to MacDonald’s farm and you’ll be able to enjoy a horse ride alone or with that special someone if you’ve been lucky enough to find a romantic partner.
Portia’s brand-new museum is nearly open for business! Starting with this update, there’s a new story mission to help build the museum. Once you’ve done that, you can then start adding your donations!
Any relics you’ve discovered can be donated here, to be displayed for future Portian generations to enjoy, and you’ll even get paid for your trouble!
The Portia Museum also believes in credit where it’s due, so if you’re the first resident to donate an item then your name will be listed as the donator when checking the relics at the Museum.
What wonders will you add to the exhibitions? Make sure to share your screenshots with us on Steam and on social media so we can see what you’ve found!
A NEW DUNGEON IN THE DESERT
Head out to Portia’s new desert area and you’ll find lots of new gameplay to discover. There’s a brand new dungeon to explore, with enemies to fight and relics to be found, as well as several new crafting quests!
We’ve made a few improvements to the relationship system in this update, including the option to kiss or hug your significant other anywhere in Portia.
We’ve also added a new mini-game based around star gazing. Look to the skies at night and you and your partner can draw constellations among the stars and enjoy the romantic moment.
FULL CHANGE LIST
As well as the above features, the new update includes a host of other additions and improvements…
- Desert story mission
- Windbreak mission
- Museum building mission
- Four kinds of animals which can be raised on your farm
- Horse riding has been added. You can rent a horse in this update. The ability to keep, raise and ride your own horses will be added in a later update.
- New machines: recycling machine and recovery machine
- New dating feature: Chatting in the meadow
- New dating feature: Stargazing
- New mini game: Snowball fight
- New interactions: Hug and kiss
- Cat bed for Pinky
- The Museum: Assembled relics can be displayed in the museum, and relic pieces can be exchanged here
- New UI interface and new feature for workshop upgrade – workshop can be relocated
- A resource box outside the front of your workshop. After completing the Tree Farm mission, resources will be sent to the resource box
- Upgrade for Relic Scanner: Once upgraded to level two, it can show three spots at the same time, and outline the shape
- New shops: MacDonald’s and Toddy’s
- The aquarium now features hints regarding the status of fish
- Dates can ride on the same horse as the Player
- Two new background music tracks – spring and autumn.
- Your spouse can sit on a chair at home
- If the player marries Emily, she will help on the farm after marriage
- Some NPCs will help change wallpapers after marriage
- Recipe notes for the cooking set
- New dungeon in the desert, and three new monsters in this area
- New items in Emily’s store during Winter Solstice: Cinnamon, Palm Jujube, and Firefish
- Once married, the player will break up with all other NPCs
- Chicks and chickens will help Emily during sparring
- Players can now date Paulie
- Optimized the confession, proposal, and break up features. Decreased the NPC options. These events will only be triggered by sending the correct gifts – heart knot to confess, wedding ring to propose, and thorns to break up
- Assembly station can be upgraded to level 2
- With the opening of the second-stage assembly platform, the size of many items is still being adjusted.
- Players cannot confess to other NPCs once married
- Player will receive a reward after the dungeon is cleared for the first time
- New weapon: hammer and supporting attack
- New weapon: lion claw boxing gloves and supporting attack
- NPCs can visit the relics in the player’s yard
- A good relationship with Gale will decrease the price of the farmland, and a good relationship with Django will decrease the prices in the game center
- New farmland for sale
- Second floor now available for the workshop
- Cancelled the production limit of the worktable. Increased the production upper limit of the furnace
- Optimized the logic of Ack helping to add fuel and collect materials
- Brightened the view when the player is mining in the Abandoned Ruins
- In the gift interface, the ‘next page’ button will not appear if all the gifts are on one page
- Dart game changed to darts turntable game
- Fixed camera issues
- Some relics have become unique
- Optimized the lag when too many furnaces are placed
- A level 2 assembly station is now needed to build the waterwheel
- Modified the relationship with some NPCs (they will not become a Nemesis or Adversary)
- The dating spot and playing spot in the restaurant has a new layout
- Changed the location of the seesaw
- Increased the chance of triggering the play/date option with NPCs
- Increased the requirement for confession (will need 400 favour points) Increased the required favour points for several dating events
- Increased the appearance rate of mysterious room in Abandoned Ruins
- Adjusted the attack frequency of several monsters
- Missions changed to side quests: ‘The Leaky Roof’, ‘The Broken Clock’, ‘Leaking Pipe’, and ‘The Farmer’
- Adjusted the colour of the attack display
- Adjusted the logic of price changes
- Can place furniture on carpet
- Adjusted the size and location of furniture
- Fixed the bug when mining upward
- Fixed the bug preventing players from starting another date with an NPC once they have ended a previous date
- Optimized the English voice acting for Jack
- Controller support to play slots. Added controller guidance
- Fixed the configuration error when giving gifts
- Optimized the conversations, animations, and facial expressions when the player gives gifts to Ginger
- Fixed a problem that triggered dining events in non-dining rooms during play/appointments in certain situations
- Fix the problem that the NPC will fall when playing the seesaw
- Fixed the bug in store
To stay up to date with My Time At Portia developments, make sure to follow here on Steam, like us on Facebook or follow us on Twitter.